There are several mailing lists available for PmWiki.
- [ pmwiki-users ]
- This is a great resource where a very helpful group of people will answer questions and discuss PmWiki development. As of 2022, traffic is around 20-40 messages a month.
- [ pmwiki-users-de ]
- A mailing list for german-speaking users of PmWiki. Archived at
- [ pmwiki-users-es ]
- Lista de usuarios PmWiki en Español.
- [ pmwiki-users-fr ]
- A mailing list for french-speaking users of PmWiki.
- [ pmwiki-devel ]
- This list was created to lower the traffic on pmwiki-users, it focuses on discussions surrounding code development for PmWiki (both core and recipe development).
- [ pmwiki-announce ]
- Announcements of new version releases and urgent information, about 1-2 messages per month. If you use PmWiki in a production environment, this low-volume list is highly recommended. The archive is at:
- If you reply to a digest message, please remove the messages irrelevant to your reply before sending it back to the list.
- It's also helpful to change "
Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol [...]" to "Re: [the original subject]" because some mail programs determine threads based on the subject.
- It's also helpful to change "
- If you address a reply to a single list member, please take the [pmwiki-users] off the subject line, or it's possible for your message to get lost in the mailing list traffic. Many people filter list traffic to a separate mailbox.
- If you ask a question, you should disable "digest" mode, this way you'll receive the replies as soon as people post them, and you could follow-up. In digest mode you might receive the replies a week or two later.
Changing mail list settings
Here are some tips regarding changing the mailing list settings:
- Logging in...
- First go to https://www.pmichaud.com/mailman/listinfo/pmwiki-users and enter your e-mail address in the field at the bottom of the page, to the left of the button Unsubscribe or edit options.
- Next you need to enter your password. As you've probably forgotten this, use the button Remind at the bottom of the page to get a new password.
- Finally enter the password you should get momentarily via e-mail.
- You can directly go to the options web page through a URI such as the following:
<user>is everything before the
@in an e-mail address, and
<domain>is everything after. (For those who wonder, the
%40in the URI just stands for '
- You can also obtain various help by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org the text
helpin either the subject or the body.
You may be interested, that the lists are also accessible as newsgroups.
The NNTP server is:
The pmwiki groups are:
If you find a dead link to the PmWiki user groups at Gmane, it is now possible to look for the reference, at https://www.pmwiki.org/search-ml.php and find your answers and/or update the documentation.
You may have to use the WayBack machine to search by the original URL.
This is a basic and quite fast search function for messages in the [pmwiki-users] and [pmwiki-devel] mailing lists.
Gmane was a searchable mailing list archive that we used extensively to find information or older discussions, and we also linked to it a lot both in the documentation and in our everyday messages. It disappeared in 2016 and was only partially restored, so most of the links to it do not work anymore.