- Official Satisfactory Wiki (via BreezeWiki to strip off the Fandom-dot-com cruft)
- Satisfactory Calculator (production calculator and interactive map)
- Satisfactory Tips (layouts specifically)
- The Ultimate Drone Guide (Reddit)
- Variable Input Guide for Pipes (Reddit)
This is going to be fussy. (Full workflow in this blog post.) Let's get to it.
Power: The mats/machinery breakdown: https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/planners/production/index/json/%7B%22Desc_NuclearFuelRod_C%22%3A%221.2%22%7D
The values in parenthesis below are the "required" amounts as per Satis-Calc's build planner. We're going to overproduce because no way are we going to fuss with "tuning" this exactly.
- Caterium - 1 normal (72/min to Smelters)
- Copper - 1 normal (96/min to Smelters)
- Iron - 1 normal (99/min to Steel Foundries) - full 120 should remove fiddly Steel math later
- Coal - 1 normal (99/min to Steel Foundries) - full 120 should remove fiddly Steel math later
- Limestone - 1 pure or 2 normal (162/min to Concrete Constructors)
- Sulfur - 1 normal (72/min to Sulfuric Acid Refineries)
- Uranium - 1 normal (120/min to Encased Uranium Cell Blenders)
- Caterium - 2 (24/min ingots output minimum)
- Copper - 4 (60/min toward Sheets, 36/min toward Wire)
- Steel Ingot - 3 (40.5/min toward Pipes, 57.6/min toward Beams) - obviously we're not getting that fiddly but we need to know the minimums
- Quickwire - 2 (120/min toward AI Limiters)
- Copper Sheet - 3 (30/min toward AI Limiters)
- Wire - 3 (72/min toward Stators)
- Steel Pipe - 2 (27/min toward Stators)
- Steel Beam - 1 (14.4/min toward EIBs)
- Concrete - 4-ish (18/min toward EIBs, 36/min toward Encased Uranium Cells) - fiddle with machinery count to make the outputs happy as needed
- AI Limiter - 2 (6/min toward Electro' Control Rods)
- Stator - 2 (9/min toward Electro' Control Rods)
- EIB - 1 (3.6/min toward Uranium Fuel Rods)
- Electro' Control Rod - 2 (6/min toward Uranium Fuel Rods)
- Water - 1 (72m3/min toward Sulfuric Acid)
- Sulfuric Acid - 2 (72m3/min toward Encased Uranium Cell)
- Encased Uranium Cell - 3 (60/min toward Uranium Fuel Rod)
- Uranium Fuel Rod - 3 (1.2/min Uranium Fuel Rods to feed generators)
And that's just getting to the "making nuke power" part. We'll figure out the cleanup (recycling, sinking, whatever) part another day.
Desert Co-op Notes
We're going to try a three-hander ongoing co-op save, starting in the big dry arid largely plant-free red desert. Older notes on this page have been purged except for a few tech and stylistic notes that may still be useful for future savegames.
I'd like to come up with color values for groups of equipment and types of building materials, etc, so we can actually avoid being fully monochrome (or duochrome).
Today I learned that you can enter hex colors. The Artist has provided some individual color options, which we will mix/match later on:
Greens: #2D5F37 #2E4937
Blues #BBE2E8 #444E5E #6099CC #9EB9D0
Grays #3E3F4C #474646
- Drones need to be able to unload or they won't load & take off. This is as opposed to trains, which will happily do a "fake unload" and leave the station again right on time. If you're going to ship via drone, make sure you're using or sinking everything that comes out at each stop.
- Primary color slot: 232 / 0 / 0.33 and 256 / 1 / 0.69 (gray and purple)
Older Savegame Notes
We have 16 presets to work with
- Row 1 Col 1 - 0 0 0.2 / 120 1 0.5 (Gray / Green) = Default slot, that's our "all buildings unless specified otherwise" option.
- Row 1 Col 2 - 211 0.77 0.65 / 36 0.64 0.34 (Pale Blue / Brown) = Blue Site building (next to Hub, HMF and/or Computer site).
- Row 1 Col 3 - 11 0.91 0.8 / 234 0.2 0.38 (Orange / Gray) = Unused, I think it's our "backup" of the default scheme.
- Row 1 Col 4 - 147 0.6 0.25 / 0 0 0.2 (Olive Drab / Gray) = Motorworx Site building.
- Row 2 Col 1 - 221 0.08 0.81 / 232 0.57 0.26 (White / Gray) = White Site building (Ironworx next to Hub).
- Row 3 Col 1 - 239 1 0.87 / 0 0 0 (Blue / Black) = Hyper Tube entry/exit coloring.
- Row 4 Col 1 - 36 1 0.7 / 232 0.58 0.07 (Gold / Gray) = Concrete works (for now) coloring.
- Put the foundation one below your target floor foundation level
- Put conveyor poles in place (placement would vary according to room height and angle preference)
- Hide the conveyor poles with walkways leveling with your actual floor
- Finally attach the belt between conveyor poles
Idea and implementation result video here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/mp4sag/mall_style_escalators_vid2/
In the tilde console:
Also in the tilde console: